- Racquet: Standard racquet-ball racquet.
- Ball: USRA Official Ball.
- Players: 2
- Court: Standard Squash Court
- One serve (as in Squash). The server can choose to start
from left or right court and thereafter as long as he holds
service he must alternate.
- The server with at least one foot totally
in teh serve box must bounce the ball before hitting the serve
against the front wall above the centre line with the ball
returning and bouncing inside the opponent’s quarter
without touching the side or back wall. The opponent can choose
to volley the ball. The ball hitting a line is classed as
a fault. The top edge of the glass back wall is classed as
- Intentional blocking of the opponent’s line to the
ball is a point to the opponent. Every effort must be made
to play the ball at all times with safety in mind. The striker
of the ball must move away after playing
the ball to allow his opponent room to see and play
- Hitting the opponent or his racquet with the ball before
the ball hits the back wall is always a point to the
opponent. Unless he positions himself on purpose
in the line of the ball with the intention of being hit by
the ball to win the point.
- Hitting the opponent or his racquet with the ball after
it has hit the back wall is always a “let”.
- When the striker of the ball hits the ball and it returns
straight back via the front wall or side wall and makes contact
with the striker or goes through his legs, it is always
a point to the opponent.
- When the ball is struck it can hit the back wall and side
walls before hitting the front wall once and can only hit
the floor once after hitting the front wall.
- The receiver can choose to hit the ball before it strikes
the back or side wall or after it hits the back or side wall
and if the ball hits the opponent on the way to the back wall
or after it hits the back or side wall, then the point is
won by the player who was about to hit the ball.
- When the striker hits the ball against the front, front
and side or side and front walls and the ball then bounces
on the floor and goes out of court without being touched by
the opponent, then the striker wins two points.
This includes bouncing and touching or going above the line
on the side walls.
- When a player hits the ball and after hitting tye front,
side or back wall the ball goes through the legs of the player
who hit the ball, the point is awarded to the other player.
- Score. The first to obtain 15 points in a game is the winner.
At 14-14 the non-server can choose to play one point i.e.
first to fifteen points or the best of five points i.e. the
first to seventeen points. Matches can be played as the best
of three sets or the best of five sets.
The game of Rapid-ball has been designed to reduce argument
and discussions to a minimum with rules which are straight forward
and easy to interpret by the two players without the necessity
of a referee.
BACK TO HOME PAGE